Installing a bidet seat on your toilet is simple and you will find that it is just about as easy as changing out a regular toilet seat. The big difference is that you have to turn off the water, drain the toilet, and attach the hoses for the bidet. For most people installing a bidet on a regular toilet takes less than a half an hour. And when you order from bidet-toilet-seat.com you get a number where you can reach customer service if you have a question during install.
General instructions are below and each bidet comes with detailed instructions.
Steps to Installing a Bidet Seat
- Turn off the water supply to your toilet. This is generally located behind your toilet.
- Drain the toilet tank by giving it a long flush.
- Put a towel on the floor and disconnect the supply hose to the toilet.
- Remove your existing toilet seat by loosening the two bolts behind the seat.
- Take your parts out of the box.
- Install the 1/2″ T-valve onto your shut off valve.
- Attach the hoses and water filter and apply plumbing tape.
- Attach the mounting plate.
- Slide the bidet seat onto the mount.
- Plug your seat into a GFCI outlet.
Once you have the bidet seat installed it will give you all the features of a traditional bidet at a fraction of the cost. A bidet seat uses your existing plumbing, so there is no need to tear apart your bathroom. One of my favorite lines of bidets for easy install and great features, including the Vortex spray, is the Bio-Bidet line.
You can find this bidet seat and many other bidets at my site http://www.bidet-toilet-seat.com. Please visit us there for an extensive selection of bidets and expert descriptions and advice.